Friday, October 22, 2010

I Have a Job: It's Called Full Time Student

I have been insanely busy....even though I know I have no room to talk since some of my friends have been putting in a ton more hours than me. School has been ca-razy and I feel like I need to spend some quality time with myself. Anyway, here is the documentation of the last 3 1/2- 4 weeks.

Lauren and Morgan came to visit:



Although, I think Morgan's favorite part mostly involved food. Just a guess.



But it was tons of fun, and I loved having family here for a few days. It would have been complete if my nephew had been there, but hopefully we'll see them both at Christmas. So, just some random pictures from the trip:



And then before I knew it, I had my first choir concert of the year. I think we did really well considering it was our first time performing together. But since then, I have become sick of performing, since it seems like Advanced Vocal has festivals every week. But here are some pictures of the concert:
Yes, this is Joe and I. I'm putting it up because the only other picture you'll see of him is the one where he looks like a zombie, so you should probably get a good impression.



Anyway, that concert was about 3 weeks ago. And although it was probably our best performance, it has not been our last. Jazz Band concerts, football games, and the most recent, a 2-day Jazz festival. I don't have any pictures of that, but I was at Gilbert High for 2 days with a clinician named Michele Weir who taught us the ropes of Jazz Improv. Needless to say, it's not exactly my thing. But our entire Advanced Vocal was split up into 4 groups combined with other schools from our district. I was in the all girls choir that did a jazz arrangement of "My Favorite Things." It was so, so hard with this huge scatting section in the middle that lasted like 3 pages. It was so challenging, but being in that girls' choir was probably one of the most satisfying things that I've done in a long time. And I got to make new friends and get to know people in my Advanced Vocal better. Overall, it was a good experience. Until I got back to school Monday and found out how much I missed in my other classes. Maybe I'll scrounge up some pictures of the festival from Facebook if I can find them. I'll let you know.
Now that you have heard my too-long inner monologue, I'm sure that you want to hear about the terrifying experience of: HOMECOMING! (terror music in the background with a few girly screams for good measure) I only say terrifying because of course my first school dance was a Halloween costume dance. And I got to dress up like a zombie attacked me. I only have one or two pictures. Sorry.

And yes, there is fake blood on my neck. I think it's my finest look yet. People at the dance were giving us weird looks...which didn't really make sense because it was a costume dance. We got less of a reaction when we went to Walmart.
I also forgot to mention that I went on Trek over Fall Break. It was AWESOME. I loved it, even though it was so hard. I got to know the youth in my ward so well, and there is no going back now. I never knew how hard it would be to pull and push a handcart for 3 days. It was only 21 miles, and physically, it was the hardest thing that I have ever done. I don't think that I'd want to do it again, but I am glad that I went.

And just one last thing: YW in Excellence.



Hooray for already getting my medallion! That meant I didn't have to do a whole lot. So they stuck me on the piano, 'cause I'm so advanced at hymns.
Funny story about the outfit I'm wearing in that picture. It's not mine. It's my best friend Louisa's. I came to school that day and I was sick of what I was wearing. And Louisa was sick of what she was wearing. So we went to the bathroom and switched clothes. And then I showed up 10 minutes late to Seminary. Yep. Day in the life of.
Miss you all and I'll try to update more so my posts don't have to be huge and published at 3 AM!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I was thrilled and delighted that you took my gentle hint (clears throat and snickers)...and then forgot to tell you so. Thanks for posting. Especially when there are pictures of my cute daughter AND sister. Love you girlie.

    ReplyDelete