Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happiness Lane

So much has happened since the last time I posted, I barely even remember. I was waiting for something to post about, and suddenly, things were shooting at me like bananas and I barely had time to take pictures. Lame excuse, I know. But, I did at least take some pictures in the last month. Let's start around the beginning of the month, shall we?

Jayne's Wedding:
It was so beautiful! I enjoyed every minute of it, and Becky came down to visit, so that was a major plus. Jayne's sister, Rachelle, I have known for about 8 years or so, and to see Jayne get married was, well, weird.



Although the wedding was beautiful, I have this feeling that Becky is glad not to be married yet.


And it was nice for Becky to come down because she got to see all her friends again, even though the event just happened to be a wedding. Being united with old friends is the best.


But being back together with your sister? Even better.


So, more recently, my Aunt Caroline came to visit, and we just had to make the usual stop to Organ Stop Pizza to show that even though Arizona has its faults, we have a really cool organ in town. Oh yeah, and my dad is here, so that's not bad, either.




And then, you know, it was my birthday, so that was kinda fun. Having dinner outside when it feels nice is one of the best things. There is almost no weather, and it smells good. It was nice that Aunt Caroline could be here for my birthday as well. We had some great discussions about my Grandma and Grandpa that I didn't know.


Happy Birthday to me. 17 and getting older.

Plus, I got a phone. It's a nice commodity, even though apparently I never answer it. Give me some time, ok? I'll get used to it. I really like it so far, and I didn't even have to pay for the actual phone.



And then, on top of that, the day of my birthday, I got asked to Homecoming. I was a little surprised, although I am excited to go. It's kind of a long story, but bear with me. My best friend Louisa and my other best guy friend Joe took me out on my birthday to Tropical Smoothie. They told me that this guy was going to ask me to Homecoming, and I didn't know him very well, so I was a little disappointed. But they were dead serious and told me it was going to happen soon. So after they dropped me off at home, I was talking to my sister on the phone, and the doorbell rang. And I just knew, you know? I trudged downstairs for the disappointment, and sure enough, there it was:

And I then found the Swedish Fish amongst the many colored goldfish. I knew what name it would have on it, and I turned it over and much to my surprise, I saw that it said: "JOE." I was one happy birthday girl. Turns out, Joe and Louisa made the whole story up about the other boy and Louisa helped Joe ask me. They had me going. By the way, this is me and Joe:


We were in the play together, if you couldn't tell. That's how I know him, and he is pretty much awesome.
Then yesterday, I had a choir festival early in the morning, and went into the afternoon. We did pretty well I think, considering that it was our first performance this year. But for my birthday, Louisa took me shopping, and we had way too much fun.




And then when I went back to Louisa's house for dinner, guess who was in the kitchen waiting for us? Joe and Rob, of course! And they were making us dinner, those sweet boys.

Don't ask, it's a long story.

We had a great time eating and singing and playing piano, and after we dropped Joe off at his house, Louisa, Rob, and I went back to Louisa's to put together my answer for Joe. I didn't take any pictures, but to summarize: It was a cereal box that had a piece of paper over it that said: "If the number of pieces inside is even, it's a YES. If the number of pieces inside is odd, then it's a NO." So we dumped all the cereal inside, but at the bottom of the box, there was a note that said: "EVEN if it's ODD, eat one- cause I'd love to go to Homecoming with you." And then we left it outside his house and forgot to let him know it was there. Hey, I was getting kinda close to my curfew.
Anyway, it was a really good birthday, and I am walkin' down Happiness Lane right now. Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

1 comment: